Friday, April 22, 2011

Beijing Municipal Planning Hall

I know I keep saying this, but I'm a bit behind on posts. The last month has simply flown by....to the point where I wake up in the morning so disoriented that I have no idea what day it is, what time it is, or if I'm supposed to be at work or not. Add in deadlines at the office and packing and i'm dizzy with activity. All that to say, I have some posts up my sleeve and you will probably be seeing posts long after we return to Orlando on April 29th. Yep, we head home a week from today!!! I've never had 6 months go so quickly.

On to the post:

A little over a month ago a few landscape architect/planner friends, brian, and i all went to see the Beijing Municipal Planning Hall. It is full of models, scenes, and plenty of graphics that my design mind just loved. We missed the 4D experience of the subway system and the 3D movie, but we spent an hour strolling around the massive model of the city. I tried not to get upset at the sprawl and instances of poor urban design and just marvel at the expanse of one of the world's largest cities.

Old Metal Model....pretty cool
Multi-sided exhibition room
The monster model

Marina on the Summer Palace
Jenny on, who knows what.
CBD model
Jenny-zilla Attacks the CCTV Tower!!!!!!

Greg, Brian, myself, and Jenny









1 comment:

  1. ah cool. I'll add to that to my list... we never got a chance to see it while we were there. only the outside of it!

    ReplyDelete